Wednesday 13 May 2020

Whitling Tommi

Mum taught me how to whittle over lockdown. We used a Stanley knife at first then Mum bought me a whittling knife, it is VERY sharp. Whittling is taking the bark off the wood and you can make cool designs or fun things. I made some spears, arrows, and a bow. There are certain things you need to do to keep safe.

                                Rules                          

1 first choose a suitable piece of wood 
2 you must sit down where no one will walk past your knife.          
3 you need to whittle away from yourself 
4 make slow controlled cuts down your stick away from the side of your body. 

My new knife

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a really cool thing to do Tommi. Your Mum sounds very clever and to then teach you to whittle as well. I really like how you have written down the rules to using a whittling knife. I would love to see some of the whittling you have done Tommi.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Uvin's Paintz art